Saturday, November 23, 2013

Extreme? Couponing

Alright, in addition to going gluten-free, we have begun our foray into couponing... Today's savings $100 off of $200 dollars worth of merch (50% off, not too shabby) of course the serious couponers would probably laugh at our first go, but hey everybody starts somewhere. Of course our "haul" didn't really look like a hundred bucks worth of stuff to begin with (ahh inflation). Still, it pays to save, as they say (at least I think that's what they say (who are 'they' who come up with these little gems anyway?)). So, what does couponing have to do with being a gluten-free vegan? Well, being either gluten-free or vegan is expensive enough, but throw both together and... you get the idea. Besides if we are eating for our bodies to be healthy shouldn't our pocketbook be healthy too ('they' would be me on this one). Given that Thanksgiving is just around the corner, I'll posting several of my recipes soon... Starting with my vegan (and gluten-free) broccoli rice casserole, which I am making tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment